Saturday, March 5, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like spring

When I was reading one of my favorite blogs the other day she talked about spring being in the air.  I kept thinking, I so WISH spring were in the air here.  I'm freezing, my kids are sick, and I've got a serious case of cabin fever!  Then today came out to play.  It was so nice to have a warm sunny day without a trace of wind.  I opened up the windows to fill our house with warm fresh air.  It was marvelous!  Rowen was so excited he ran out to the balcony to play yelling, "I've been waiting and waiting for this!"
And then he lounged in the chair just soaking up the sun for awhile. 

I took Phoebe outside to try and get some pictures of the kids together but I had an awful time getting both of them to sit still and look at the camera. 

There was too much to do!
Then Phoebe started talking and Rowen abandoned us in search of Tonka Trucks.

The sudden feeling of spring being so near got me thinking of all the things I love about the summer.  Lemonade, BBQ's, picnic's, camping in the backyard (well Rowen camping in the backyard with Chris at least), swimming pools, flip flops.... Oh, how I could go on and on.  So I gave into some of my more realistic cravings and drank lemonade while I made baked beans.

Its my mama's recipe and they are divine!  Even Rowen kept telling me how wonderful they were, but that's probably just the bacon talking. 

And while Phoebe chased sunshine under the table I shopped for swimsuits online.  Its probably a good thing I'm on a budget because I found so many wonderful things that I just HAVE to buy for the kiddo's.  I can't wait for the beach! 

Now that I've had a taste of it I'm feeling the warm weather calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment