Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rainy Day Ramblings

I always said that when I finally decided to start a blog I wouldn't be one of those people who never updates it.  I hate checking on my favorite blogs just to see that there is nothing new going on.  But life gets in the way and before you know it weeks have passed and you can't even find the energy, let alone the inspiration, to open it up and try to type a few paragraphs.
My life has been busy lately.
I think that we have had illness followed by illness and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I believe I may actually be the sickest person in the house at the moment and that is actually the way I prefer it.  I hate it when my babies are sick.  And my husband is never home so he never tends to catch anything we share amongst each other. 

My best friend came to visit us last weekend.  I was completely thrilled to get to see her. Kate and I have been friends since I was 16 years old.  I just decided one day that she was going to be my friend and I pulled her into our little group.  I've loved her as much as a sister ever since. 
We are at completely different points in our life but I don't think that really matters when you are truly friends with someone.  I hate it when people drift apart when one person gets married or has a baby and the other doesn't.  Just because we aren't in the same points in our life doesn't mean we aren't still the same people who became friends.  I'm a married stay at home mama with two kiddos.  She is a single woman who works full time for a university while she is getting her doctorate.  I'm so proud of the things she does in her life that I love to brag about her.  Even to people who have never met her. 
She came to visit me for a few days and it was wonderful.  It always feels like we can jump right back into our friendship no matter how long it has been.  She is so comfortable for me to be around.  I can always be myself and I never have to worry about editing myself or making sure my children are on their best behavior.  She loves us for us and we love her for it. 
We went exploring while she was here.  Its nice to explore where you live.  I've lived here for 2 years and I found a new outdoor shopping area that I just adore.  I didn't even know it was there but I will be returning.  It was fun to walk through all the shops, let Rowen run around in the grassy square while we ate ice cream, and take a break to paint pottery.  We had a wonderful time and I hated to see her leave. 
Now my life is back to the regular routine but that's ok.  I like our routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment