Thursday, June 2, 2011

Big changes

So I really need to get better at this whole blogging thing. I have lots of things I want to get on here and write about I just haven't found the time.  Life continues to get in the way.  I'm trying to get our house ready to put on the market so we can prepare for the big move.  The big move location has changed to.  So much to update on!
We'll start with the move.  We were suppose to be moving to NYC and I was pretty excited about it, after having a brief panic attack when I was told that is where we were going.  I have several friends there and I figured this would be an amazing experience and something I would love for the kids to look back on. But my husband was not so very quietly freaking out.  My husband would have really been a fish out of water.  He is such a farm boy and to throw him in the "concrete jungle" might have killed him. Seriously.  So he was more than thrilled when they decided to move his plane out of NYC and base him back in Chicago.  So it looks like the big move will now be to the windy city. 
I have been trying to get the house all ready to put on the market.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I want everything to look perfect before we even call the realtor.  Its hard to have a perfect house with two kids.  Even harder to paint when you have a mobile baby.  So not much has been accomplished. 
We live on a street that is full of almost identical houses.  I hate it.  But its good for figuring out how much you can get for your house when you decide to sell.  The house behind us sold within a month for a great price.  I was really excited and started working hard on getting everything done and told Chris to call the realtor.  Then we noticed the moving van at the next door neighbors house.  Turns out they had already bought another house.  They got to the realtor before we did and priced their house to sell.  They ask $20,000 less then the house behind us sold for.  Luckily it sold within the week but now we are nervous that we won't be able to get what we need since they sold so cheap.  I swear I'm renting from here on out.  I don't need this stress!
More updates later... I hear the little one screaming from her crib!



Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of their summer as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment