Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 6: Books

Books are a very big deal in my household.  I love to read.  I could spend all day reading.  I love being swept away in a story.  I can see it all perfectly.  No matter how much I like TV and movies they could never ever compare to a book. I have passed my love of reading onto my son.
This is his nighttime ritual.  When I put Phoebe to bed every evening his job is to do something quiet to relax and unwind.  He almost always picks this.  I love the gigantic stack of books next to him.  Like its really going to take me that long to put Phoebe down.  But it makes him happy.  Books are the only thing I never say no to.  Every single time we come back from anywhere we have a new book with us.  Rowen loves books.


Here is the picture I took originally.  My favorite books: Harry Potter with my Kindle in front of them.  I love my Kindle.  All the books I could ever want right at my finger tips.  But it really doesn't compare with holding those books and turning the pages.  There is something magical about a real book.

No comments:

Post a Comment